Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I'm back (sort of)

I have a love/hate relationship with techonology. Love it when it's easy and going my way/hate it when I can't access all that I need.

Sorry my posts have been non existant lately, my computer problems are terrible. I can't post at work and my computer at home has gone completely mad. Plus, my neighborhood is so new that I can't get online without dial up and that is SO LAST decade. HA. I know, I am spoiled rotten.

I have some news that I have been wanting to post...so that my blogger friends can hold me accountable. I signed up for my first sprint triathlon yesterday!!!!! I know, I'm crazy. Crazy! That means that in October I will have to swin for 750 meters (a little less that .5 mile), bike 12 miles and run 3.1 miles. Why? I am still not sure why. I will let you know when I find out. HA. Actually there are plenty of reasons why. First and foremost, I LOVE a physical challenge. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. I love pushing myself beyond my comfortable boundaries. I am confident in my abilities, and I know that this race is 80% mental. That is why I am doing it. I have had issues with my self confidence in the past, so I am going to challenge myself. I know that I can do this, and I can't wait for the opportunity. I started officially "training" about 3 weeks ago. I am starting with running because that is my weakest event. I am excited about it and can't wait to accomplish this task.

I will try to keep you guys up to date on my progess, sorry in advance if this blog becomes my training blog...but that is what I will probably need to hold me accountable.

Until then...

3 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Blogger AJ Fabulous said...

That is SO EXCITING!!! Good Luck with training. We are all cheering you on! Keep us updated!

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Krit said...

I think this is super awesome, I'll be there to cheer you on! Can't wait.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Pixie said...

YEAH! Thanks girlies! I am super excited!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home