Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Beautiful

I found this and was so moved by it that I had to share. It is an exerpt from a journal by Marianne Williamson. I was moved because I could relate. I could relate in so many areas of my life, but mostly in my spirituality. In theory, Christianity is easy. We have a God that loved us enough to send HIS SON to die for us, and all we have to do is recognize that we are sinners and accept the gift of Christ for our salvation. In return, God promises us a life of blessings beyond our wildest imaginations, His dreams become our own, His light is shed on us and on our lives for eternity. Easy huh? No, not for me. I am scared to follow 100%, because I know that will lead me from my comfort zone. Yes, I do believe in God and I accept Christ as my savior, but there has always been that little piece of me that is scared to follow where He may lead. As Marianne says, "Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure." WOW. I long for that, I really do, but my own fear of failure sabatoges my drive to go forward. After all, isn't it easier just to live our day to day lives, never really being challenged or confronted with change? It is easier, but not near as rewarding as it would be if we all just had faith and let God lead our lives. I can say that at least now I recognize what I need, and I will be more willing to take the necessary steps so that I (through God) can achieve my dreams. I challenge you all to do the same.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who are we to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.

There's nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,
we unconciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.

-Marianne Williamson
A Return To Love

1 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Blogger Krit said...

Beautiful INDEED.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home