Friday, January 20, 2006

DE-licious

I'm BACK! Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I haven't been too inspired to write (for various reasons). I wanted to post a recipe for Shrimp Scampi. YES, I am allergic to seafood...but, YES, I love my husband so much that I wanted to make him a gourmet meal instead of our usual tacos or spaghetti. I am venturing into the cooking world, and enjoying it thoroughly. Here it is:
1 lb medium shrip (peeled and deveined)
1/2 cup butter (melted)
1/2 cup white wine (make sure it's dry and not too fruity)
4 cloves minced garlic
salt/pepper to taste
Cook butter, wine and garlic over medium heat until garlic is tender.
Add shrimp and cook 3-5 minutes until shrimp is pink (do not overcook)
Add salt/pepper. I also added a tbsp of crushed red pepper to give it a zzzziiinggg.
Serve this over linguine tossed with a tiny bit of butter and parmesan cheese. MMMMM.

Of course, I have no idea if it was good, but it smelled SOOO good, and Curt ate most of it (almost 40 shrimp). We sat down to a nice dinner at around 7:30 and sat there and visited until almost 9:30. It was so nice.

OK, I know, this is a weak attempt at writing after being on a hiatus for 2 weeks but it's all I got. Deal with it. :)

2 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger Krit said...

YUM, I would die if I couldn't eat seafood. Cooking for you can't eat that smells great- major wife points scored there. You are so nice. Good thing the Captain stopped blogging, you'd be making the rest of us mediocre wives look bad.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Pixie said...

Oh, thanks. Remember I am a newlywed. Check back with me in a couple of years after a kid or two and see if I am still doing this. If I am, then DAAAAAAAAM I'm good. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home