Friday, June 02, 2006

My new love

I fell in love last night all over again. I found something that made my heart flutter and my smile last an hour. I had my first practice coaching 5 and 6 year olds in basketball. JT asked me if I could coach her daughter's basketball team and I took the opportunity. I am so glad I did. Kids are so funny, and so willing to learn. I can already tell that I will end up loving each of these kids for different reasons. Each one has something so cute about them. We have our first game this Saturday! If we score 1 or 2 baskets, I will be ecstatic! Of course, all I really want for this team is for them to come off of that court smiling and excited about the game of basketball. I want them to love the game as much as I do.

I timed my mile for the first time last night. I was kind of scared, I figured I would be in the 12:00-13:00 minute range. It was a pleasant 10:54! I am ok with that. I would like to get it a little faster but I am sure it will slow down once I try to run 5-6 consistantly. That is ok, I just want to find a pace that I am comfortable with. After I timed my first mile I took my neighbor's dog, Bear, for a run. Compared to my dogs, he is a horse. I had to sprint to keep up with him. It was a good 35 minute run.

My sweet husband surprised me by showing up at my first practice last night. It was really cute to look in the stands and see him there. He kept telling me all night how proud he was of me that I was using my personal time to coach. I kept telling him that I'm the lucky one. :)

MAVS WON!!!!!!!!! One more game to go and we are heading to the finals! WOO HOO.

I are going to see the South Austin Jug Band tonight with my sister in law. I am so excited!

Thought for the day: “Remember, a small light will do a great deal when it is in a very dark place. Put one little tallow candle in the middle of a large hall, and it will give a good deal of light.” -Dwight L. Moody

Have a great weekend!

7 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger r m largent said...

Be mindful the parent that lives vicariously through their child...

As for picking between Nash and Dirk, it's like picking between Canadian and German beers...depends on what I'm having for dinner.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Pixie said...

LOL, good point about nash and dirk. As far as the parents go, to each his own. There is always going to be that one parent that will have to put the 2 cents in and that's fine. Doesn't mean I have to listen or be discouraged...after all it is what it is. 5 and 6 year olds playing basketball. Nothing more, nothing less.

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

That sounds great! My daughter played when she was 8 or 9 and they had trouble finding the basket then, 5 or 6 years old must be pretty wild.
PS- On Neese's site you said you'd send her a strenght workout with weights and a ball- can you send it to me too?

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Neese said...

pixie that is SO wonderful! i can imagine that each and every one of those precious little nuggets melts your heart with their little unique personalities. i'm proud of you to! can i be your assistant? i wished we lived closer! lol.

xo!

p.s.
my email is neese@runwithneese.com,
i'd love to take a look at the strength program.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

An email address would help I guess- macey51@comcast.net

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

 
At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home