Friday, December 29, 2006

OK, which way was I going?

I just don't know if I am coming or going these days, the holidays are always insanely busy for Curt and I. His family lives around here which is great except for there are 50 of them. Every time we see them they have multiplied. I think they are Gremlins. We survived Christmas, woke up on Christmas morning with just the 3 of us. Curt's son, Connor, was here for a week and we had a blast. We opened gifts and played board games all morning. It was a great time. My mom flew in a couple of days ago and spent some time with us, which is always nice, although the time I do get to spend with her never seems like enough. She is cooler than the other side of the pillow and always such a joy to be around. My husband is always saying that he won in the Mother in Law department. I don't ever agree with him because I value my marriage. :)

Tonight we are driving 3 hours 1 way to go to his best friends surprise party, driving home tonight and then tomorrow we leave to visit my grandparents 3 hours in the other direction. I am almost ready to start back to work and school to get a tiny break and to establish my routine again. I signed up for my first Olympic Distance tri, it is this summer at Joe Pool Lake, which is the lake that I live 2 miles from. I am ready to get in to full training mode. I really need a new bike though, my mountain bike is not going to cut it...but between skiing in April and Hawaii in May, I am not quite sure how I will fund a new bike. Oh well, it's not something I plan on worrying about today.

Here are a few pictures from Christmas. I hope every one is having a wonderful Holiday Season!

Thought for the day: “We must be willing to get rid of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is awaiting us.”

Our Family Card


Curt riding his Christmas present, a unicycle. Yes, I married a circus clown.



Curt and Connor playing with Connor's new telescope

5 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

Can you borrow your hubby's unicycle for the tri? :)

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Pixie said...

HA HA HA!!!! That would be a site to see Cliff. That thing is a great workout, and quite amusing.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger :) said...

I wonder if I could ride one of those...

 
At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas - that's great! I hope you are able to relax a little.

I like the quote you added. I need to remember that! Thanks! :)

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger qcmier said...

Oohhh, did you they see anything through that telescope?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home