Monday, August 14, 2006

Going and Going


I keep meaning to post on my blog, not that I have anything ground breaking to say...but what is the point of having a blog if I am not going to update it? :) This summer just flew by and we stayed busy the entire time. We got Connor for 6 weeks this summer, it was amazing. I love that kid with every thing that I am. I credit him for making me work when we would go on our nightly bike rides. He would push me and encourage me...he is older than his years. I am going to be hearing his voice in my head in my triathlon. My training is going great, I feel stronger than I have in years. I am scheduled to do a "mock race" this weekend, I am excited to see how I will feel. I haven't quite mastered the art of nutrition on the go, but with the sprint distance that I am doing, I am not going to worry about it. As long as I stay hydrated I think I will be just fine. I did my first open water swim about a month ago and it was awesome. Once I got past the intial feeling of freaking out, I was fine. I just concentrated on my breathing and kept my stroke consistent and it went well. I love the water!

Things are getting ready to gear up again (not that they ever slowed down) but I am excited and ready for things to get going. I start school in 2 weeks and am ready to get back into it. I want to finish so we can move on to the next chapter in our lives. We want to start our family within a couple of years and I want to have school finished. I am thankful for being introduced to the sport of triathlon, it has instilled in me a deeper discipline than I've ever had. The thing about training is if you don't get out there and do it, it's not going to get done. You can't rely on some one else to run those miles for you in the morning. That is going to help with school, which is what I need. I am maturing and growing and enjoying every minute of it. I thank my God every day for putting me where I need to be. He knows what it takes to get me motivated and by training for this triathlon, He is showing me that I can do all things through Him...I can do what ever I put my mind and heart into. What a great feeling. Have a wonderful week!

Thought for the day:

"I believe in the sun even if it isn't shining. I believe in love even when I am alone. I believe in God even when He is silent.” -Author Unknown

5 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Blogger Krit said...

Go Pixie! The boys and I have been riding bikes too (okay just the boys). It's crazy hot, I'm not up for it. Still time with the youngens is always enjoyable.

Can't believe we're back into school and all that comes with this time of year- it will be Christmas before you know it.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger mommy zabs said...

congratulations! What do you study in school?

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger :) said...

That's a great thought for he day. Good luck on your mock race... :-)

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Neese said...

yeeeah you are back in blogland :) glad to hear the tri training is going well good for you!!

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

Have fun on your mock tri session. We are looking forward to your reports. Great quote!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home